Sunday 11 August 2013

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation



This foundation first caught my eye a couple of years ago on a YouTube video by Lisa Eldridge. However I’ve only just got around to trying it after it was brought to my attention again via one of my favourite blogs, pearls and poodles. My normal holy grail foundation which ALWAYS welcomes me back with open arms – no matter how many times I ditch it in search of something better - is Clinique’s Anti blemish foundation (I may do a separate blog post on this as it really did work wonders for me.) However, funds were a little low and I needed something cheaper that wouldn’t upset my problematic skin. I found Dermablend was on offer for a very reasonable £11 in boots, sold!

Dermablend is a corrective foundation designed for those with “minor to severe skin flaws” and claims to tackle all complexion problems. I have to deal with an uneven skin tone, breakouts and the most annoying of all, redness (an ex boyfriend once nicknamed me Rudolph…sigh) so I was muchos excited to try this foundation. Basically, Dermablend does exactly what it says on the tin (or tube if you will) and I for one am very impressed. It evens out my skin tone beautifully, and tackles redness no problem. A little really does go a long way and for a full coverage foundation I don’t find it to be cakey in the slightest. I applied it to a friend last weekend and was equally as impressed with it on her as I was myself.
For a second opinion I asked my dad on his thoughts “your skin looks flawless and you have that trendy glow all the celebs have” thanks dad.

So there we go, if you too would like a trendy celeb glow, then this is the foundation for you.

I can’t say for sure this is the foundation that will drag me away from my beloved anti blemish for good, But it’s one of the closet contenders yet.

Amy x

(I’d like to take this opportunity to apologise for my dodgy iphone photography, something I’ll sort out once I get into the swing of things I’m sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment